Chart Your Adventure!
Your SSI Diving Adventure might start with the Try Scuba program or any of the other three beginning programs and, with some perseverance, culminate at the highest recognition level is diving: SSI’s Platinum Pro5000 Diver award.
Between the beginning point and the pinnacle of diving achievement are many years of diving enjoyment and SSI has the educational programs to take you there. Find out more on how you can:
- Continue; or
- Share A Lifetime of diving Experience
Each Dive’s A Discovery and we want you to enjoy it as much as we do. SSI’s family of entry level to scuba diving are designed to get you, your family and friends into the water as quickly as possible, while at the same time, satisfying your individual training needs.
SSI’s Personalised Training Approach accelerates the process of making you a diver in a way that is comfortable and enjoyable for you. After all, everyone learns at a different pace and has personal objectives for their diving.
Meeting your personal objectives is the job of SSI professional Scuba Schools and Instructors. Whether your goal is to dive on shallow water reefs, deep water wrecks, or any other type of diving, they can create a training program just for you and get you started on a lifetime of exciting adventure.
Your Education Path
- THE SCUBA RANGERS (for age 8-15) are specially designed scuba based activities clubs that not only teaches scuba skills, but also goal-setting, self esteem, discipline and respect for aquatic environment.
- TRY SCUBA is an orientation that allows non-divers to experience diving in a pool or open water, under the direct supervision of a dive leader, with minimal amount of instruction and classroom time.
- PASSPORT DIVER PROGRAM takes dive training to a new level of convenience and accessibility for first-time divers by focusing on just the knowledge and skills required to dive proficiently under the direct supervision of a dive leader.
- OPEN WATER DIVER includes the guidance of a professional SSI Instructor in the development of knowledge and skills required to enjoy a lifetime of underwater exploration on a buddy system.
- ConEd Rating
- Diver Stress and Rescue
- Specialty Courses
SSI’s ConEd Rating have the highest requirements in the industry. They are not course per se; rather, they are flexible requirements, that can be met in a variety ways, allowing you to personalise your continuing education path.
- SSI Specialty Diver. SSI’s intermediate diver rating. Higher than any other agency’s advance courses.
- SSI Advance Open Water Diver. SSI’s Advance Diver rating stands alone in the industry with the highest combination of diving knowledge and experience. No other agency’s advanced diver level compares.
- SSI Master Diver. SSI’s Master Diver rating is one of the most elite ratings in diving today. Divers that have completed this level combined the knowledge, skills and experience to truly called themselves Master Diver.
Driver Stress & Rescue is the next course recommended after Open Water Diver, because it helps you gain confidence and makes you a better buddy!
Specialty Courses introduce certified divers to a whole new world of diving opportunities. SSI Specialty Courses include: Boat Diving, Computer Diving, Deep Diving, Diver Stress & Rescue, Dry Suit Diving, Enriched Air Nitrox, Equipment Techniques, Navigation, Night & Limited Visibility Diving, Search & Recovery, Underwater Photography, Waves, Tides & Currents, Wreck Diving, Unique Specialties (written by SSI Instructors).
- Dive Control Specialist
- Open Water Instructor
Dive Control Specialist is SSI’s initial dive leadership courses which covers both dive master and assistant instructor training. Some of the works includes: working on dive boats, resorts, retail outlet; leading dive trip; assisting SSI Instructor in pool and open water etc.
Open Water Instructor focuses on teaching diving. SSI Instructor Training Course (ITC) prepares you to become an active member of the scuba industry, a successful educator, and a valuable dive business employee.
Diving is a lifetime adventure and you would want to capture your experiences and relive the excitement of every dive. SSI’s Total DiveLog System is not a record book for your dives, but also a powerful organisational tool that tracks every aspect of diving.
LEVELS OF EXPERIENCES
SSI is the only agency that offers divers a way to measure their experience and provide goals to aim for. Because diving often becomes a lifetime of adventure. SSI’s ten Levels of Experience starts at fives dives and culminate with 5,000 dives. Your SSI Authorised Dealer can upgrade your certification card and Divelog every time you reach a new level.